Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Doin' it old-school style

I have the flu. The good, old-fashioned, can't-sit-up-for-more-than-thirty-minutes FLU. With a temp that hovers somewhere between 101 and 102.4

And because the Weather Gods hate me, the threat of icy roads/actual icy roads/generally bad conditions has closed not only my doctor's office but every doc-in-a-box in the area for the last two days. 

Which means I'm starting Day Three of Old-Fashioned Flu. Which means I'm no longer a candidate for antivirals. Which means I'm riding this out old-school style: leapfrogging acetaminophen and ibuprofen, forcing fluids, and wishing desperately for some cough syrup.

I know I railed against Tussionex last time I was sick, but right now I would happily pay a hundred bucks for a dose of the stuff. I'm so high on dextromethorphan (which doesn't work; I know that, but I'm desperate) that I can barely walk straight.

This morning I woke up at 0430 in a drenching sweat, thinking "Thank God! My fever's finally broken!" It had--to 101.

*sigh*

So it may be a while before I post again. I'm going back to the couch.

3 comments:

painting with fire said...

Poor you! Hope you feel better soon.

Pam said...

Ugh. It's been hitting us too, but only a 24-48 hours version. It went through the whole family. Luckily all of our work/school was cancelled anyway, and we got better in time to shovel out the cars for tomorrow.

I hope you're better soon, Jo.

Bardiac said...

Eep! Feel better soon!